General Operations Manager
Arusha, Arusha, Tanzania
Optimatisation of operations and processes on our high-tech station in Tanzania
What are you going to do?
- As a General Operations Manager you will be assisting the Station Manager to achieve its strategic growth and performance targets. In this function you will have the opportunity to learn and progress your career on the station and within Enza Zaden.
- You will get involved in all the activities on the station. You manage and support the vegetable seed production activities with a clear focus on improving the crops and related processes.
- You stimulate innovation and you are always open for ways to improve processes all in the right order of priority.
- You define a clear production planning linked to optimal crop results and are responsible for annual budgeting to ensure a smooth running station.
- It is important to look at the future of our station and make key investments recommendations for improvement. Taking care of the allocation and alignment of all recources of the station is also part of the job. You communicate operational strategy and results to the employees, organize regular staff meetings and build an environment in which employees can perform. Finally you stay in close contact with the local authorities, which ensures our good working environment.
- You know what you want to achieve and get things done with the support of the local teams. As a General Operations Manager you get excited by leading the operational side and you monitor performances and reports closely. Your focus on the optimatisation of operations and processes increases output and efficiency while reducing costs. You guide the teams through the on-going growth of Enza Zaden Africa and manage the various dynamics that come with it.
- To fulfill these tasks you will work with two teams of 11 persons who are under your direct responsibility. You report directly to the Station Manager.
We want to meet a manager with great people and management skills who has the ambition to grow beyond and become an important manager of our station in Africa. We offer lots of room to work on ideas, learn and grow whilst facing complex challenges.
You feel right at home in a (seed) production and technical environment and you are focused on collaboration. Your flexibility and adaptiveness enable you to work with people of a different culture. You excel in planning, organising and project management keeping an eye on efficiency and costs making sure you are getting the best of your teams. You have a Bachelor degree and at least 6 years of relevant leadership experience.
In Short, You
have an educational background, preferably in agronomics (Bachelor Degree);
have 6 to 10 years of professional international working experience;
experience on the African continent is considered a pre;
have strong leadership and (people) management skills;
are a real motivator on innovation and process optimization;
have strong analytical skills with a result-driven mind-set;
proficient in the English language.
Enza Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. We produce and sell the seeds of these varieties all over the world. Both for conventional and organic growers. In order to explain this properly (and as briefly as possible) we have made an animation
For more than 80 years we are working with the best that nature offers. We support this with state-of-the-art technologies to speed up our breeding process. That is really necessary, because currently the development of a new vegetable variety takes up 6 to 10 years.
The results? Strong, healthy, tasty and climate-proof vegetable varieties with higher yield per square meter and less need of crop protection products or fertilizer.
Our strength? More than 2000 passionate colleagues worldwide working together on the vegetables of tomorrow. Therefore, we continuously invest in knowledge and skills with our EnzAcademy and under the flag of enzActive we organise various sports activities to stay healthy.
Please, send your application to our HR department, via the button below.