SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant Positions.
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Duty station: National Office (1 post)
Reporting to: Financial Controller
- Developing an organization’s purchasing strategy
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, building and maintaining good relationships with them.
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Giving presentations about market analysis and possible growth;
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options and make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Track status of requisitions, contracts and orders and respond to customer and supplier inquiries about status, changes or cancellations.
- Prepare, maintain and review purchasing files, reports and price list.
- Calculate costs of orders and charges or forward invoices to appropriate accounts
- Monitor contract performance, recommending contract modifications when necessary.
- Able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity
- Monitor in house inventory movement and complete inventory transfer forms for bookkeeping purposes.
- Keep sound and adequate logistics records in connection with the bar codes.
- Ensure service and repairs of office equipments
- Keep accurate in terms of data and record management and insist good negotiation skills to fetch the best charges for the organization.
- Develop and execute tools and methodologies to enable effective implementation of logistic plans.
- Design and develop standard operating methods to manage logistics operations efficiently
- Coordinate logistics activities related to procurement, funding, substantive units and humanitarian affairs.
- Develop and execute logistics support policy, processes and methodologies to the general benefit of all mission units.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Office supplies, Material Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- 3 to 4 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement and logistics.
- Knowledge on Logistics and Transport Management
- Be able to use effectively computerized integrated financial Management System
- Knowledge of organizational procurement procedures is highly desirable
- Supply Chain Management skills
- Analytical Skills
- Decision-making and Negotiating Skills
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, send your application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo.
To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
The deadline for submitting the application is 12 January, 2021