Position Title: MINE MANAGER (1 POST)
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to optimize the mine plan, and put in place equipment, people and operating systems to deliver sustainable and reliable production at world standard productivity levels and costs.
The Mining Manager in collaboration with the Mining Technical
Manager have to assess the feasibility, safety and productivity of potential mine locations and plan, manage and optimise the extraction of surface and underground deposits; direct, control and develop the operation of Shanta Mining Co. Ltd in accor¬dance with the required legislative framework and appropriate industry practices.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
Mining Manager has the following accountabilities and authorities:
- On an annual basis (or as change requires) update personal plan such that it remains aligned with the broader business strategy. This update will be required after strategy and context in the business planning cycle. Personal plan should be focused on delivering the major goals to be achieved in the mining discipline that will support delivery of the broader business strategy.
- Mining production strategy inputs to Technical Services around development of the Long Term, Mid Term and Short- Term planning process.
- Manage and control OPEX and CAPEX in accordance with approved plans.
- Deliver ROM tonnes and grades as in accordance with the annual plan and budget and deliver waste stripping as per budget.
- Direct the implementation of policies and procedures to en-sure adherence to mining standards, organisational standards and legislative standards.
- The effective management and provision of resources to achieve effective mine operations work systems within the context of the business strategy to improve its own cost performance.
- Defining, implementing, and managing contractors in all mining operations areas in order that contract conditions are met or exceeded in order to achieve the Business Plan.
- Actively manage contractor relationships to optimise performance, reliability, and cost.
- Managing the mining fleet, optimising the fleet selection collaterally with the Engineering Manager per the mining schedule.
- Together with the Engineering Manager develop mainte-
REQUIRED SKILLED KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering.
- A post graduate qualification in management is desirable.
- Good track record in managing contractor relationships, and other key external relationships.
- A proven manager with a strong track record including a minimum of 15 years’ experience in the mining industry.
- Strong experience in an open pit metal mining environment, with some exposure also to underground mining.
- Committed to the highest safety and environmental stan-
Must have relevant knowledge of:
- Computer literate (MS Project, Datamine, project software).
- Project execution using knowledge of mining and mine planning software
- Management, mine planning and analysis, financial management and senior project management
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes and certificates (indicating the Position Title in the subject) to:
HR Director, Shanta Mining Company Limited
P.O. Box 79408,
Dar es Salaam
Or via Email to: Recruitment@shantamining.co.tz
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 February, 2021