Legal Officer II
TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute (MOI) is an autonomous institute established through an Act of parliament No 7 of 1996 with the main objective of providing service in the fields of Orthopedics, Traumatology and Neurosurgery. Also to offer training and research on how to provide best services to Tanzanians. The current hospital bed capacity is 340 beds including 64 beds in private rooms (executive rooms), 9 state of the art operating theaters, 32 ICU beds enrolling under Public- private-mix policy.
Muhimbili Orthopaedic institute (MOI) invites applications from suitably qualified and interested Tanzanians to work in the institute in the below positions:
Job title: Legal Officer II
Reference No. MOI/LO/1210/01
Reports to: Head Legal Services Unit (HLSU)
Preparation of legal documents, management of legal correspondences and legal presentation on behalf of the institute.
Key duties and Responsibilities:
- Indexes, files, register Government/College notices and all other legal documents and ensure their safe custody;
- Compiles evidence relevant for court cases involving the Institute;
- Review all Institute contracts and advice management on their legal occurrence and their benefits;
- Attends to registration of all legal documents and probate matters;
- Tasks charge of documents and correspondences of already assigned cases;
- Draffs prescribed legal documents and forms;
- Files and appearing for general proceedings in in courts and CM A;
- Ensure adherence to standard operating procedure and MOI business process on behalf of Institute;
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by immediate Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
Holder of First Degree/Advanced Diploma in law plus a successful completion of one-year internship/training from a Law School and has been admitted as an Advocate of the High Court.
At least 3 years of proven record of successful work experience in Legal issues.
Attractive remuneration package will be provided.
Mode of Application:
Application should be submitted in confidence including CVs, 3 referees, and copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and contact telephone numbers.
Applications should reach the Executive Director within 2 weeks from the date of this advertisement through the following address:
The Executive Director,
Muhimbili Orthopedic Institute (MOI),
P.O. Box 65474,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview;
Applicants are warned not to make phone calls, physical or e-mail enquiries other than applying through the hand deliver and postal address provided. Any such breach will result in immediate disqualification.