Position: Clearing and Forwarding Manager
Qualification and Experience:
- Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding
- 5 years of experience in shipping and clearing and forwarding
- Issuance of shipping and documentary instructions to suppliers, follow up with suppliers to complete imports documentation.
- Follow up of issues with shipping lines D/Os, ICD nominations, empty units returns and related matters via shipping team.
- Follow up of assignments and various Government permits related matters via imports team.
- Follow up of customs documentation and clearing issues through imports customs operations team.
- Follow up of port / ICD clearing status of consignments, ICD nominations via shipping team.
- Follow up of L/C issuances and related matters i.e. amendments. [Procurement team / Banks]
- Emails and letters correspondence with various correspondents – local and international.
- Outdoors tasks i.e. Customs, banks, ICD, shipping lines, Government Depts, inspection companies, etc.
- Manage clearing of imports consignments and documentation with suppliers, customs, regulatory depts., shipping lines, port/ICD clearances.
- Deal with outside clearing agents for clearing of import consignments.
- Deal with TMDA, TBS, GCLA, Weight & Measures, for import permits and related issues.
- Follow up claims with suppliers, insurance (P&I), TPA, shipping lines, etc.
- Deal with local inspection companies, deal with inspection companies abroad to organize loading inspections for shipments being loaded.
- Payment of taxes, port charges, etc, when required.
- Any other assignments related to imports dept / clearing operations.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be sent to email@example.com
The deadline for submitting the application is 10 February, 2021