Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
Dar-Subs January 2021 Vacancies
MDH in collaboration with Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Kigamboni and Ubungo Municipal Councils invites suitable candidates to apply for the following posts under the Council Directors.
JOB TITLE: Medical Officer (01)
Reports to: Health Facility I/C
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing clinical care to HIV patients in the Clinic including:
- Management of Opportunistic Infections
- Staging of HIV patients for Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) eligibility
- Initiating patients on ART
- Managing complications of ART
- Initiation and monitoring of Post-Exposure Prophylaxis
- Providing consultation to HIV-positive patients on the wards as requested
- Maintaining accurate medical records and other data collection as required for Monitoring and evaluation within the Clinic
- Participating in Clinic Team Meetings and assisting the site manager with strategic planning for the Clinic
- Doing any other duty as assigned by the site manager.
Qualification and Experience:
Holder of Diploma, OR Bachelor Degree in Clinical Medicine from a recognized institution; should have been registered with Tanganyika Medical Board and he/she should have an experience of at least 3 years in the field of expertise.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two referees.
Applications should be submitted by Monday 1st February, 2021 to the SHRO, Dar es Salaam Sub-grantee through e-mail email@example.com or drop by hand at MDH HQ, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; Mikocheni area (B) 802 Mwai Kibaki road near New Regency Park Hotel.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No Applicant is supposed to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment process.