Nurse Midwifes (9 Positions)
TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by the Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 and amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable national partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions of Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women out of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, TRCS receives supports from a broad range of partners, including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red Cross-Flanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the Chinese Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies.
NURSE MIDWIFES (9 POSITIONS)
Duty Station : Mtendeli Camp (Kakonko DC) and Nduta Camp (Kibondo DC)
Reports to: Patron/Matron
Age limit : Not above 45 years.
- Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when
- Identifying Sexual and Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Must be knowing and aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors
- Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures.
- Certificate/Diploma in Nursing (Enrolled Nurse).
- Three years working experience in a health
- Valid practice license from
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV to email@example.com clearly indicating the role applied for on the subject bar not later than January 25th 2021. (Only short listed candidates will be notified).
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and therefore qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process also we use our official email with extension of (@trcs.or.tz) not Gmail, yahoo any other email.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.