BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organisation having extensive development programmes globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments, and a university. We are a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 14 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC Enterprises Tanzania Limited through its project ’Playful Learning for Young
Children in Tanzania’, aims to catalyze the ECD (Early Childhood Development) private sector in Tanzania, by developing a ‘Hub & Spoke’ business model for the provision of low-cost, high quality and scalable play-based ECD – improving the cognitive, physical, socio-emotional and language development of children aged 3-5 from low income families in Dar-Es-Salaam.
The project is sequenced across 30 months. There is 6-month set-up phase from (July – December 2020) and operations phase (Jan 2021 – Dec 2022). The Finance Officer role includes driving forward the development of the Hub and Spoke model as a Social Business and ensuring the effective day-to-day running of the business including efficient application of project resources.
In ensuring the smooth execution of this project, BRAC Enterprises Tanzania Limited is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individuals to fill up the following position below…
Job Location: DSM, TANZANIA
Job Title: Finance Officer
- Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization
- Manage financial control, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to the organization on budget expenditures.
- Oversee the financial audits of all projects of the organization. Assist with audit preparation, auditor reviews and implementation of recommendations as directed
- Provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management, Human Resource Management policies, logistics, travel and other areas of administration
- Provide orientation and training ajira to the organization staff on cost-effective management
- Prepare and submit to Finance Manager interim and final donor financial reports for review.
- Promptly follow-up and make adjustments to monthly and interim donor reports based on feedback from the program managers
- Ensure all accounts policies and procedures of the organization are being followed/put into practice and organization control system have
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Accounts, Finance, Economics, Investment from any recognized university. CPA, ACCA will be an added advantage
- Two (2) years working experience in not for profit organization with strong supervisory and management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in budget reparation and analysis, donor reporting and presentation
- Leadership, organization and Management Skills
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Computer literacy
- Analytical and critical thinking
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to:
HRD, BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania,
Plot No 17, Coca Cola Road – Light Industrial Area, Mikocheni
P.O. Box 105213, Dar es Salaam
or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Finance Officer” The application deadline is 02.01.2021.
(Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted).
BRAC in Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and is against all forms of exploitation, discrimination, and harassment at the workplace