The Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Rwanda and the United Republic of Tanzania have received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Regional Rusumo Falls Hydroelectric Power Project (RRFP). The Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Rwanda and the United Republic of Tanzania, through a Shareholders Agreement and the Implementation Agreement, jointly seek to develop the 80MW Regional Rusumo Hydroelectric Power Plant (‘the Project”) through a Special Purpose Vehicle Company, the Rusumo Power Company Limited (RPCL). The RPCL has been established by the three governments to develop, construct, finance, insure, own, operate and maintain the Hydropower plant/Generation Facility.
The Rusumo Power Company Limited (RPCL) intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit to recruit the following key staff positions within the company and now invite qualified individuals to apply for the following positions:
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR CORPORATE SECURITY OFFICER POSITION
STATUS OF THE RUSUMO FALLS HYDROELECTRIC PROJECT (RPCL)
The project is in the implementation phase with two contractors on board namely joint venture of CGCOC Group and Jiangxi Water and Hydropower Construction from China for Civil works (Contract Package 1(CP-‐1) and Consortium of RUSUMO Falls ANDRITZ Hydro GmbH & ANDRITZ Pvt Ltd from Germany and India respectively for Electromechanical Works
Contract Package 2 (CP-‐2.).
The project is being implemented through a public financed, public owned and privately managed mechanism. A Special Purpose Vehicle namely RUSUMO POWER COMPANY LIMITED (RPCL) has been established by the three Governments to oversee the implementation and operation of the project. Although its shareholders are the three Governments, RPCL will operate as private company. NELSAP is implementing the project on behalf of RPCL.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
The Regional RUSUMO Falls Hydroelectric Project is located at RUSUMO Falls on the KAGERA River which forms the border between RWANDA and TANZANIA. Power production facilities are located entirely on the right bank of the KAGERA River in TANZANIA, while the Switchyard is located on the left bank of the River KAGERA in RWANDA.
The RUSUMO POWER COMPANY LIMITED (RPCL) has been established as a corporate identity with shareholding by the three Governments and it is the owner of Regional RUSUMO Falls Hydroelectric Project. NELSAP is implementing the agency through a Project Implementation Support Agreement (PISA) with RPCL. Within this document reference is made to both NELSAP and the RPCL roles reflecting the intended transition from NESLSAP to the RPCL toward completion and commissioning of construction works.
OBJECTIVE OF THE RECRUITMENT
The objective of this assignment is to employ a suitably qualified Security Officer who is Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the security field. Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Work under general supervision of
the Managing Director and ensure command and control for all RPCL security related personnel. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expecte
The appointed candidate will be located at RPCL Rusumo offices
POSITION TITLE: Security Officer
Type of Appointment/ contact:
RPCL will offer a successful candidate an Open ended type of contract
Security Officer will report to Managing director wo will assess and evaluate him/her during performance evaluation
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment and access points; permitting entry
- Obtain help by sounding alarms
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities, informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers
- Establish Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to control road traffic and ensure drivers compliance on all RPCL premises
- Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures
- Maintain environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls
- Maintain organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ensure the security, safety and well-‐being of all personnel, visitors and all RPCL premises
- Provide excellent customer service
- Adhere to all company service and operating standards
- Remain in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Respond to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to employees and customers
- Protect the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety issues
- Follow procedures for various initiatives, including fire prevention, property patrol, traffic control and accident investigations
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor Degree in any related field with maximum of 10 years of experience in security services
- Training in any of security institute is an added advantage
- Communication skills to effectively communicate with others, especially in stressful situations
- Good judgment in order to quickly identify the best course of action for dealing with dangerous situations as they arise
- Observation skills in order to immediately notice anything out of the ordinary
- Patience as they often spend long periods of time standing and observing what’s going on around
Must be able to work under extreme pressure and in emergency situations
Thorough knowledge of English/French, and/or one of the regional languages is an added advantage
Interested applicants from Burundi Rwanda and Tanzania are invited to express interest in the assignment by submitting a cover letter, Copy of Education Certificates and CV including date of birth and nationality by 5 January 2021 before 17:00 hours Rwanda time through the email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with a copy to the Managing Director firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above positions will be based at the Regional Rusumo Falls Hydroelectric Power Plant site on the Rwanda-Tanzania Boarder. Staff will be appointed on an Open ended type of contract with a probation period of 6 months.
ELIGIBILITY OF CANDIDATES
Only qualified candidates who are nationals of the participating and shareholder countries of Republic of Burundi, Republic of Rwanda, and United Republic of Tanzania are eligible to apply. The positions will be filled up based on equity and balance of the shareholder countries.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS.
Interested qualified candidates should electronically submit their application letter, Curriculum Vitae, academic certificates and copies of relevant documents/testimonials, addressed to the Chairperson Board of Directors, Rusumo Power Company Board (RPCL) by 5th January 2021 before 17:00 hours Rwanda time through the email: email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org , the email should labeled “candidate name” and title of position applied for.
Detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) can be accessed by clicking on each position above.
Only candidates who meet the requirements and are short-listed for the interview will be contacted