Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Full time contract: 40 hours Monday - Friday
Purpose of Position
Healthy Entrepreneurs (HE) is a social business based in The Netherlands, with activities in the Great Lake Area of Sub Saharan Africa and in the Western Region, Ghana. HE is specialised in the implementation of distribution models of reliable and affordable products and information that enhance health and the quality of life for people in low and middle-income countries. HE aims to contribute to solve social issues by developing and implementing sound commercial business models.
HE is active in Geita, Tanzania. For the Geita office we need expertise to support the local team with financial administration and prepare and implement a wide range of developing, managerial and administrative activities and tasks.
We are looking for a highly organised, enthusiastic and motivated person to support our local team to help ensure the smooth, efficient running of our business. The team works very closely together and this position reports directly to the Country Coordinator. The role of Finance and Administration
Officer plays a vital part in the administration and smooth-running of the business and is pivotal in the coordination and implementation of office procedures. Complete responsibility for the finance function, including input to cashflow, expenses processing and supplier payments.
The Finance and Administration Officer has the responsibility to deal with enquiries, and requests as well as daily office and team tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Being part of and continuing a social starting enterprise;
- Need to be willing and built on a close, collaborative working relationship with the local team and abroad based country manager;
- Set up and maintain partnerships, with the aim to make implementation and potential growth of the network of entrepreneurs possible;
- Responsible for correct documentation in the Odoo system
2. FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
- Maintain existing financial systems including petty cash, expenses, mileage claims, income & expenditure records, process all payments through cashflow and monthly bank reconciliation;
- Record keeping of stock in warehouse, product received and product orders;
- Work with colleagues to improve existing systems;
- Log and submit all claims to appropriate funding body and maintain all relevant paperwork in good order;
- Provide full monthly financial reports;
- Assist in the preparation of annual accounts;
- The documentation and registration of entrepreneurs information regarding sales, loans and contracts;
- Assist with project financial related work as required;
- Support the development of training materials and technical manuals;
- Provide assistance and support to the capacity building team;
- Manage and keep all office expenses in the ERP;
- Keep a transparent way of administration, that is constant up to date.
- Participate and report in operational meetings on international level with other HE staff members from multiple countries;
- Conduct ad hoc activities that are related to the implementation when needed.
- Maintain and develop positive business relationships with the entrepreneurs and other stakeholders;
- Management and deployment of documentation that is used by the Client;
- Review sales performance with customers against targets, benchmarks and service agreements, and generate improvements plans for the entrepreneur to increase their outcomes.
Place of Assignment
Main place of work will be in and around Geita. The Finance and Administration Officer agrees to live in Geita and to travel within the district of Geita. Travels up and down to Mwanza might be needed depending on the related activities.
Qualifications & Profile
The Finance and Admin must have:
- a degree in finance administration or business or extensive experience in the field in a similar position (min 3 years);
- supply chain management experience;
- very good English language skills, ability to communicate in one or more local languages a plus;
- excellent Excel Skills;
- excellent report writing skills and able to analyse and report market data;
- extensive experience with different methodologies of capacity building and human resource management;
- strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands;
- team spirit; able to work with a wide range of people at different levels;
- the ability to communicate in a constructive and honest matter;
- the ability to be precise;
- to be available, honest, serious, and enjoys the confidence of others;
- demonstrated a considerable autonomy;
- must be flexible and adaptable;
- must be creative and cunning;
- ability to work a flexible schedule and evening or weekend shifts, when needed;
- must be able to identify knowledge and skills gaps and give guidance towards the team according to need.
We encourage women to apply for this position, who are motivated to work in our organisation.
More information or applying for the position:
Last application date is 12 December, 2020. For more information or to submit your application,
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com , please accompany only your CV with a short motivation. If we’re interested in your application, an interview in week 51 we’ll be scheduled, make sure this is possible.