Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Job Grade: KT 6
Unit of Service: Finance, Human Resource and Administration
Reports To: Accountant
Duty Station: Dar – es- Salaam
Purpose of the Job
To ensure accurate preparation of payments, maintenance of KT inventory and all the other records of the Trust.
a) Finance & Accounting
- Preparation of project budgets in consultations with technical team, adherence to all donor’s financial management guidelines, financial reporting to the donor on quarterly basis, and preparations for institutional and project audits.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations on the 3rd day of the subsequent month.
- Preparation of Monthly reconciliation of all supplier and service provider records by the 5th of every new month.
- Preparation of accurate monthly, quarterly and annual Kilimo Trust financial reports by 7th following end of the period.
- Prepare project monthly financial reports to the funders as per the relevant grant agreements by not later than 5th following end of month.
- Prepare draft annual financial statements and support internal and external audit processes.
- Ensure timely invoicing, collection of debts, and depositing of cash.
- Prepare, process and submit tax and other statutory payments and returns on time.
- Properly check all payments to Service Providers and staff in line with the laid down procedures of the Trust.
- Maintain Petty Cash FloatReview travel advance requisitions, expense claims and travel accountabilities submitted by staff.
- Ensure that travel accountabilities are fully checked and forwarded for authorization within three (3) days of receipt
- Preparation of journals for approval by the Accountant
- Ensure adherence to Kilimo Trust internal controls and laid down procedure.
- Prepare invoices to service customers and ensure they are received on a timely basis
- Management and updating of the Trust asset register monthly.
Educational Qualifications and Experience Required
- A graduate with a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or other relevant discipline
- Level II professional accounting qualification such as CPA or ACCA. is a Must
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an Accounting, Finance or Audit environment
- Ability to Speak and write English and Kiswahili very well
- Must have scored equivalent of B in Mathematics at O’ Level.
How to Apply
If you are the right candidate, please send your application letter plus the following:
- An up-to-date CV, highlighting relevant skills and experience (presented in relation to each of the Responsibilities and each of the experience areas listed above).
- The names and contacts of three referees, and a daytime contact telephone number of each of them.
- Copies of Academic Certificate and Transcripts for O’ level, A’ level – where applicable, Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate qualifications
- The names and contacts of your immediate supervisor(s) in the current job and two of your immediate previous jobs.
- Your daytime contact telephone number; and A statement and proof of current remuneration package
Please submit your application documents electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Address all applications to The Human Resource & Administration Manager, Kilimo Trust.
Deadline for application:6th Dec 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted