VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
In this role you will be responsible for management of workforce planning, sourcing, interviewing and employment processes to meet VSO’s current and future demands, manage end to end recruitment process for volunteers /employees/consultant. You will lead Employee relation and welfare, payroll, compensation and benefits management, if you have excellent recruitment skills and experience in working with volunteers and staff from different cultures, this might be your job!
Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences or related field with additional relevant courses and training,
Experience and skills;
- 3-4 years of experience in recruitment and HR Systems.
- Multiple years of experience in working with teams from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Thorough understanding of Tanzanian employment laws;
- Payroll management,
- Ability to develop, implement and execute HR strategy;
- Ability to build rapport and trust relationships within all levels of the organisation;
- Experience in planning and time management skills,
- Able to work and meet deadline,
- Highly self-motivated person,
- Fluent in written and speaking English.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications. This is a National Role with National Contract eligible to Tanzanians.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
The deadline for submitting the application is 20 November 2020