Revenue Assurance Analyst
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
- The key purpose of the M-Pesa Business Analyst is to ensure completeness and accuracy of the M-Pesa revenue stream.
- In addition to checking on the integrity of systems in place, the position requires an inclination towards continuous improvements in M-Pesa revenue chain, proactive design and implementation of preventive controls and detecting anomalies.
- Regularly review and ensure that M-Pesa published tariffs are implemented accurately on Vodacom systems
- Perform quality assurance testing on key processes and systems in M-Pesa.
- Monitor for, prevent from, identify and remedy for potential errors in M-Pesa
- Perform regular reconciliation and (gap) analysis of M-Pesa revenue streams
- Monitor bill payment/collection through multiple checks and balances in the system.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Attention to Detail: Ability to focus on the lowest level of detail and assess the impact at the macro level
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong mix and combination of Technical/engineering skills as well as Financial skills
- Passion for the role: Exhibit enthusiasm and a can-do attitude about work and deliverables
- Degree in at least one of the following: IT, Accounting, Technology, Engineering
- Strong data analysis skills e.g. on SQL, PL/SQL, ACL
- Knowledge of revenue assurance methodologies
- Financial Reporting
- Accounting – FinOps
- Financial Analysis
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.