Accountant (1 Post)
The Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT University) was built on the foundation of the former University College of Education Zanzibar established in 1998 by Direct Aid a charity organization based in Kuwait, SUMAIT University invites qualified Tanzanians and non-Tanzanians to fill the academic vacant posts as follows:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Accounts and Finance.
- Master’s Degree can be an added advantage
- Should have an experience in a fast-paced company
- Experience in the education industry would be an advantage
Roles & Responsibilities
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries
- Payroll preparation, banking and day to day cash / credit reconciliations
- Document financial transactions
- Summarize current financial status; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions
- Produce error-free accounting reports, MIS and present their results
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Direct internal audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s workSupport month-end and year-end close process
- Communicate with Chief Accountant and/or DVC (Administration & Finance) on work status and client issues that arise
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Must respect University confidentiality, rules and regulations
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the University.
Mode of Application
Applicants should submit their applications supported by detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V.), certified copies of their certificates, names and addresses of three non-relative referees who can be contacted for references. Foreign awards should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
Salary and Remunerations
SUMAIT University offers attractive salary and remunerations according to the University’s Salary Scales.
Hand delivered application should reach to Sumait University, Chukwani Street Zanzibar not later than 3:30hrs on 24th November, 2020. Or you can send your application through Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 1933,
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 November 2020