Chief Accountant (Ref: DES/CA/10-20)
Our client is a locally registered company dealing with the exploration and production of oil and gas, with operations in Tanzania. In line with its strategy to expand its operations in Tanzania, our client is looking to recruit dynamic and competent Tanzanian with outstanding integrity and good record of enforcing accountability, governance, internal controls and risk management in order to ensure compliance as well as the sustainability of the company. We are inviting interested and qualified individuals to apply for the position of Chief Accountant based in Dar es Salaam.
The Chief Accountant is in-charge of both financial and management accounting activities, including monitoring financial position, preparing performance reports, observing internal control, and ensuring compliance with statutory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining accounting processes and procedures;
- Managing of assets and liabilities i.e. general accounting, tax accounting, accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Adhering to tax, legal and other statutory requirements in handling financial transactions;
- Ensuring integrity of the general ledger by maintaining a strong framework of internal controls;
- Monitoring financial position and cashflows to optimize cash, bank balances and financial investments;
- Preparing and submitting monthly financial reports to the Group;
- Reviewing and recommending changes if any to existing accounting procedures;
- Responding to accounting inquiries from management in a timely fashion; and
- Maintaining good working relationships with external auditors and representatives from the revenue authority.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA);
- 5 years relevant working experience at a senior level;
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing a team and engaging with multiple stakeholders.