Position Title: Program, PMTCT services (4)
Reports to: Program Manager, PMTCT services
Work Location: Arusha (1), Pwani (1), Morogoro (1) Lindi (1)
Program Officer, PMTCT will work as a key member of AGPAHI’s Technical team, under the overall supervision and the technical leadership of the Program Manager PMTCT. The PO PMTCT will work in close collaboration with regional/ council health teams, facility RCH in charges and with other RCH/PMTCT stakeholders to ensure that all activities that need to be performed in AGPAHI’s Global funded programs which fall under the PMTCT intervention are executed with required standard. She/he is responsible for the field implementation, coordination and reporting of all PMTCT/EID initiatives in her/his respective region under the guidance of the Program Manager PMTCT and in collaboration with the director of programs.
- To support the Program Manager PMTCT at the regional level in implementation, M&E and reporting of PMTCT, EID, and any related RMNCH services under the Global funded PMTCT project, in line with project work-plan.
- To support implementation of initiatives to address key program, donor and national priorities – such as index HIV testing, Option B+, male partner involvement, tracking of mother-infant pairs, follow-up of EID results and accelerating children’s treatment (ACT) – in line with national guidelines.
- To provide TA to the DACC, DRCHCo, RCH In-charges and HCWs in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of PMTCT, EID, and related RMNCH programs and services.
- To support the Program Manager PMTCT to asses and implement initiatives to address skill and resource needs in PMTCT, EID, & RMNCH services through supportive supervision, mentorship, on-job training, CQI and other approaches in collaboration with DACC, DRCHCo and RCH-In charges.
- To support timely collection and submission of PMTCT EID, and RMNCH data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
- To support the Program Manager PMTCT in writing technical program documents including, reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents.
- To support and advise Program Manager PMTCT all PMTCT, EID, and RMNCH issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Degree or Advanced diploma in medicine, nursing or related field with relevant national registration
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of experience working in public health programs/ services.
- At least 2 years of experience in design, implementation, management and M&E of PMTCT, EID, Pediatric ART, RMNCH or related clinical and public health programs and services.
- Experience in using CQI, PHE and OR techniques to address public health challenges
- Experience in writing reports, best practices and lessons learned
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines
- Flexible to travel more than 60%
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (not exceeding four pages) and names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Wednesday 25nd November 2020 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the title of the position in your email subject and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.