The Mzumbe University invites applications from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts below...
Job Title: Project Coordinator, CDC grant GH20-2063
The Mzumbe University’s Centre of Excellence in Health Monitoring and Evaluation is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Centre in a project on Technical Assistance to Government of Tanzania (GOT) and Public Health Institutions (PHIs) Toward Sustained Health Systems Strengthening in Tanzania under The President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Project.
The holder of the position will be the overall project coordinator responsible for administration and management of project logistics including human resources, asset and inventories. This position is a one-year contract, renewable.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Administrative/Logistics Roles
- Organize meetings, workshops and conferences by securing venues, arranging for refreshments, sending out notifications and agendas, and following up on all administrative action points
- Arrange for travel and accommodation for project staff as needed
- Provide logistical support for field and other grant activities
- Supervise office and facilities management including routine maintenance of office equipment
- Maintain and order office and project supplies
- Support procurement related to project activities
2. Human Resource Roles
- Coordinate advertisement of project-related positions and scheduling interviews for candidates
- Filing and maintenance of HR documents and ensuring that they are securely kept
- Review monthly efforts allocation reports for accuracy
- Coordinate timesheets and effort reports collection and approvals
3. Asset and Inventory Management
- Maintain a project asset register
- Prepare inventory forms as needed
- Ensure all assets on site are labelled for asset inventory
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Human Resource Management, Logistics and Supplies Management, Economics, Health Systems Management, Monitoring and Evaluation or related fields
- A Master’s degree will be added advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience in project coordination/management
- Experience in working in projects funded by the US Government will be an added advantage
- Experience in working independently and successfully troubleshooting problems is required
- Proficiency with various software packages, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and other desktop tools.
- Experience in working with virtual learning platforms is preferred
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills are require
- Experience using zoom, skype or other virtual communication platforms is required
- Must be able to set up and maintain moderately complex filing systems and records
- The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with people of other cultures or backgrounds is required
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information discreetly
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their Application letter and detailed CV in English to the Centre of Excellence in Health Monitoring and Evaluation (COEHME) through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to Prof. Henry Mollel at email@example.com and Dr. Mackfallen Anasel at firstname.lastname@example.org before November 8th, 2020.