Data Selections Officer
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
You will implement data selections for direct communications to the VSO supporter base. You will be expected to manage the data aspects of fundraising and communication activities with responsibility for the effective and accurate selection and segmentation of data, including export routines using Raiser’s Edge and Excel. You will work under the guidance of experienced team members who know VSO processes and data well.
You will work with colleagues in other teams to plan and implement data selection projects, gathering requirements, providing and taking feedback on counts, agreeing deadlines and resolving issues in a timely manner. You must ensure that all data selected and transmitted is in compliance with data protection laws and VSO data policies and meets the communication preferences expressed by the supporters being selected.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Competencies and Behaviour
This is a technical role and it is essential that you have the right work experience. You will need substantial experience producing complex and segmented data extracts using Raiser’s Edge, and you will be expert in handling and manipulating large data sets using Microsoft Excel. You will have experience working with direct marketing or fundraising teams and be able to coordinate data selection projects and activities involving multiple teams with differing timelines. You should also have a working knowledge of UK data protection laws and experience of running data selections that are compliant with those laws and organisational data policies.
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
- VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
- Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in one of the VSO locations.
- VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
- If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
- Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
The deadline for submitting the application is October 26, 2020