Mgr: Data Warehousing & Bus Analysis
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Purpose & Key Responsibilities
Management Report Generation and Delivery,
- Business Analysis for Report Requirements
- Data Warehouse, Mediation and Sales Supporting Systems Administration and Management
- Information Systems Technology Programme Planning and Organization including Strategy
- Staff Management
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Provide Daily/monthly/Adhoc management reports, New product reporting implementation and completeness checks, and ensure data management, accuracy and integrity of data warehouse
- Manage changes for Business rules and parameters affecting Data Warehouse, Mediation and Sales Supporting Systems, ensure end-to-end testing, ensure system documentation and drawing up feasible architecture design to fit the product into existing structure and manage communication to suppliers and manage delivery.
- Contribute to Information Systems Strategy and Roadmap, Technical Architecture planning and advise technology direction
- Daily monitoring and administration of the Data Warehouse team member
- Training and Self Development and Keep up to date with new technologies
Qualifications, Competences & Experience
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Excellent data mining/analytics and logical reasoning skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Office Application Knowledge especially EXCEL,
- Presentation and Documentation
- Programing and SQL Knowledge
- System Maintenance and Management Skills
- Billing System Administration
- Business Administration Capabilities
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- A Degree in Computer Science (BSc) or similar educational background
- A minimum of 2 years’ extensive experience in the Data warehouse area in IT & Billing industry.
- Experience in Telecommunication Industry and Billing Environment.
- Management training e.g. MBA
- Project knowledge and experience would be advantageous.
- Monitor and Diagnose
- Incident Response
- Data Driven Decision Making
- Dev Ops
- Software Engineering
- Automation and Robotics
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.