M-PESA: System Administrator
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
The administrator will responsible for general maintenance of the M-Pesa ecosystem. This will include end to end incident management from initial troubleshooting to root cause analysis to problem management. Implementation of security policies, patch management and user access management as per the Vodacom policies. This role responsible for designing and building modules and solutions based on the needs of business and IT.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- System Management (Core System + M-pesa Eco System)
- System Monitorin
- Sydtrm Security
- Business Continuity Managemen
- System Operations & End User Suppor
- Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Operating system Unix (Solaris), Linux and Windows
- Excellent communication skills
- Relational Database Management Systems (Oracle, SQL Plus, MYSQL)
- Web Services & SSL/TLS Communication
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or its equivalent.
- Strong technical, analytic skills.
- Build and maintain relationship with key stakeholders.
- Mobile Money experience would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of ITIL would be advantageous.
- Maintain and Repair
- Monitor and Diagnose
- Implementation and Integration
- Incident Response
- Automation and Robotics
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.