Human Resources Management Manager
St. Joseph University in Tanzania (SJUIT) is the University owned by the Trustees of Daughters of Mary Immaculate and Collaborators (DMI) and registered by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU). It is a renowned University in Tanzania currently with three active colleges, two at its Mbezi-Luguruni Campus and one at its Boko campus. SJUIT has secured the position as the “UNIVERSITY OF CHOICE”, when it comes to engineering, ICT, science education, medical and paramedical related studies in Tanzania. The University is intending to fill the following positions immediately:
Duties and Responsibility
- Preparation of company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all staff recruitment (both internal and external) including identifying the gaps, advertisement of an open vacancies, long and shortlisting of candidates, interviews, salary negotiations and final selection of the best candidates.
- Preparation of employment contracts for employees.
- Responsible for monitoring attendance of all university employees.
- Manage staff leave and preparation of annual leave roster.
- Conduct disciplinary hearing, suspension, and dismissal of an employee based on misconduct.
- Manage staff welfare.
- Supervision of all statutory payments and make sure that the remittances are done on time to avoid unnecessary penalties.
- Preparation of monthly payrolls.
- Administer all procedures for staff termination and retrenchment.
- Conduct training seminars for employees to enhance performance, attitude and knowledge to help the university growth.
- Responsible for all government compliances from its institutions.
- Handling of labor office matters and attending CMA hearings.
- Conduct regular safety check in the working environment, and appraise management the consequences on non adherence to OSHA guidelines in the work place.
- Responsible for interactions between employers and employees, labor/trade unions.
- Preparation of all work permits applications for labor and immigration for all expatriate employees.Management of staff allowances.
- Any other duties assigned by the management.
Masters degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10 years of working experience
- Ability to manage more than 200 employees
- Able to handle daily routine effectively
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a diversified environment
- Ability to work and organize team under minimal supervision
- Familiarity with HR information systems
- Applicant has to demonstrate his / her practical experience on the above listed aspects
HOW TO APPLY:
Kindly send your application (cover letter, CV and support letters from three referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 6 November 2020. You may decide to drop your application in person before the deadline at Human Resources Management Office, SJUIT Administration Block, Mbezi-Luguruni Campus. Only qualified and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further recruitment process.
Deadline for applications is 6 November, 2020.