St. Joseph University in Tanzania (SJUIT) is the University owned by the Trustees of Daughters of Mary Immaculate and Collaborators (DMI) and registered by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU). It is a renowned University in Tanzania currently with three active colleges, two at its Mbezi-Luguruni Campus and one at its Boko campus. SJUIT has secured the position as the “UNIVERSITY OF CHOICE”, when it comes to engineering, ICT, science education, medical and paramedical related studies in Tanzania. The University is intending to fill the following positions immediately:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to inquiries from the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), students and other external agencies.
- Determines admissibility, transferability of credit, and residency for new and readmitted undergraduate students; classifies and places students into appropriate academic units.
- Visits schools and colleges, speaks to groups and individual students, and meets with school officials to develop partnerships between the University and other institutions throughout the state; coordinates community workshops, retreats, and on-site admissions programs.
- Advises students and families regarding educational opportunities and options, admission and other requirements, policies and procedures, transfer of credit, and financial assistance, as appropriate.
- Maintains the institutional database of prospective/potential and current students in various Colleges of the University.
- Analyzes trends in student recruitment and retention programs; designs and implements recruitment programs for targeted groups of potential students, and develops strategies for program evaluation.
- Creates and distributes a range of resource and promotional materials designed for the recruitment and retention of targeted groups.
- Prepares reports and proposals.
- Develops operating goals and objectives for the unit; implements and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations, as appropriate to the unit.
- Represent SJUIT in various meetings on admission organized by TCU and other agencies.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- At least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Knowledge of the broad spectrum of available university academic units, curricula, and programs.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Skill in using computerized systems and databases.
- Ability to design and write promotional material.
- Ability to evaluate student transcripts and/or records.
- Knowledge of university admissions policies, standards, and procedures.
HOW TO APPLY:
Kindly send your application (cover letter, CV and support letters from three referees) to email@example.com not later than 6 November 2020. You may decide to drop your application in person before the deadline at Human Resources Management Office, SJUIT Administration Block, Mbezi-Luguruni Campus. Only qualified and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further recruitment process.
Deadline for applications is 6 November, 2020.