Instrumentation and Automation Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits). It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and one of the largest listed Companies on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 25%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002, and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi. SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Tusker Lager, Tusker Lite, Kibo Gold, The Kick, Uhuru Peak, and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbey’s Gin®.
Achievement of the overall business plans impacting on COGS by ensuring all maintenance tasks are executed with optimal costs and minimizing quality defects in the final products
Purpose of Role:
To plan, organize and direct electrical and instrumentation maintenance around the brewery to ensure production is not interrupted due to electrical or automation problems
Overall responsible for all electrical, instrumentation and automation tasks in the brewery.
- Maintain health & safety standards as per Diageo Management Systems.
- Perform planned equipment preventative maintenance on the electrical and instruments for Brewery
- Provide process instrumentation and control support.
- Ensure failures/ problems/ deviations are investigated and root causes identified, verified and corrective action taken according to procedures.
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when there is electrical or automation problems
- Back up of equipment program and operation parameters for all machines.
- Ensure availability of critical electrical and instruments spare parts
- Follow up for spares availability, spares orders and follow up on their delivery status.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of the equipment
- Carry out conditional monitoring of machines, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
- Build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical instruments or testing equipment
- Write commissioning procedures for electrical and instruments installations
- Document work orders and ensure that root cause analyses are recorded and documented.
- Carryout equipment criticality to identify PMs gaps and develop plan for improvement
- Drive asset care best practices to improve equipment performances
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical/Instrumentation/Electronics Engineering
- 3 years of experience in the same capacity in the beverages industry
- Knowledge of maintenance management systems and asset care best practices
- In-depth knowledge of automation system