RE Advertised Education Officer (Tanzania National) )
Tanzania, Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC Tanzania is looking for Education Officer base at Mtendeli.
The Education Officer is responsible for coordination and implementation of the Education projects.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation's core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Application deadline: 14.10.2020
Employer: Norwegian Refugee Council
Title: RE Advertised Education Officer (Tanzania National) )
Employment type: Permanent position
Percentage of full-time: 100
Webcruiter ID: 4297660485
Social sharing :
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines Ensure that education department has up to date, accurate data and analyse such data appropriately to the needs of the department Promote and share ideas for improvement Implement delegated education project portfolio according to plan of action (according strategy, proposals, budgets, plans and donor requirements) Prepare and develop status reports as required by supervisor Ensure proper filing of documents Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Coordinate with relevant partners within the Education sector and represent NRC at camp relevant meetings. Supervise the Education Assistants ensure they prepare and follow weekly and monthly work plans. Implement delegated Education project portfolio according to plan of action (according to strategy, proposals, budgets, plans and donor requirements) Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities Support the implementation of NRC's Education programme policy through working with programme management. Prepare and submit weekly and monthly, quarterly and annual operational plans and reports of education activities Develop plans for improved education activities on the basis of previous evaluations Use the collected data effectively to continuously monitor and evaluate the performance of all educational activities Ensure that procurement and distribution of sanitary kits, hygiene and play materials and equipment for the pupils are timely and according to procedures
- Takes lead in conducting rehabilitation/construction assessments and continuous gap identification and analysis. Participate fully in developing technical specifications for materials and classroom and/or MHM rehabilitation/construction activities in coordination with Project Coordinator. To undertake any additional duties determined by the Education coordinator , Education Manager or Area Manager.
- Degree in Education or higher diploma with experience of working in Education sector. Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of education projects for at least 3 years mostly in humanitarian assistance. Ability to initiate, develop, plan and implement an integrated programme. Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Experience from working as an Education Officer/ equivalent with more field coordination roles in a humanitarian/recovery context Documented results related to the position's responsibilities Be able to use a wide variety of software, including Word, Excel and Power Point Participate in appropriate professional development of project portfolio At all times in and outside work adherence to NRC code of conduct
- Participate actively in supervisory and appraisal process Maintain confidentiality at all times Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations (minority groups, PSN etc) Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into Education Programming.
Planning and delivering results Empowering and building trust Communicating with impact and respect Handling insecure environment Work with courtesy, sensitivity, tact and flexibility Maintain confidentiality at all times
We can offer
Duty station: Mtendeli Contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension. Salary/benefits: According to NRC's general directions, The candidate will observe NRC's code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Mtendeli.
Kibondo, Kigoma, 66 255
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Click the button below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization's website.