Relationship Manager Insurance
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
The Relationship Manager –Insurance is responsible for assisting the Head of Insurance in insurance business development and overall business oversight. The role concentrates on driving sales and ensuring Insurance penetration in the allocated branch grows, increasing productivity and monitoring performance. This includes training, attending to complaints and queries, and customer service duties.
Accountability: Business Direction
- Co-ordinate all Bancassurance activities conducted within the allocated zone
- Support all Bank departments on insurance matters
- Prepare management information as required
- Provides guidance and training to bank staff on insurance matters
- Manage end to end insurances process in the branches
- Comply with the insurance industry requirements as per the act or legislation
- Accountable for achieving annual income targets as cascaded from Head of Insurance
- Monitoring of progress towards achieving targets is done on a monthly basis.
- Active involvement and accountability for making purchase/ refund business decisions within set limits
- Establish relationships with key clients or business influencers in the local area
Accountability: People Management
- Working with Head of Insurance to agree business direction and ways of conducting insurance business
- Dealing with outlets ,operations centre to ensure full understanding of the insurance process & procedures
- Assist Head of Insurance in being main point of contact with all matters relating to insurance business in the branches
- Providing support and training on insurance matters
- Ensure that branch staff own and manage customer queries and complaints by taking ownership and resolving in a timely manner. Act as the escalation point for their unresolved queries and complaints.
- Assist the Head of Insurance in creating an empowering environment for branch managers & staff, encouraging individual ownership and initiative to drive Insurance.
Accountability: Risk Management
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are met e.g. renewals, informing and ensuring compliance to the insurance act
- Ensuring staff dealing with insurance adequately trained
- Ensuring claims process is followed and adhered to by both staff and branches
- Visits to outlets to ensure correct adherence to processes and procedures
- Timely communication of all changes relating to insurance activities or requirements
- Responsible for all audit matters on insurance in the branches
Accountability: CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Provides support to outlets and other functions on insurance issues
- Interact regularly with internal service providers (e.g. Operations, KYC Helpdesk) to ensure fast and efficient service to customers (both internal and external customers)
Business Improvement Orientation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Enabling team success (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment, Higher Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Operational administration (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Quality orientation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)