Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non- academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH seeks to recruit a qualified individual to fill the below vacancies:
Position: TB/HIV OFFICER
Location: GEITA REGION
Reports to: REGIONAL TB/HIV MANAGER (RTB-HIVM)
The TB/HIV Officer works with and supports the MDH RTB-HIV Manager to ensure efficient implementation, M&E and reporting of TB/HIV services in her/his respective region including direct field coordination of key program priorities such as Isoniazid prevention therapy (IPT), intensified TB case finding and multi-drug resistant TB diagnosis and management. She/he is responsible for field implementation, coordination and reporting of TB- HIV initiatives in her/his respective region under the guidance of the RTB-HIVM and in collaboration with DPMs and other MDH staff and relevant regional, council and health facility staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To support implementation, M&E and reporting of TB-HIV services under the Afya Kwanza project, as well as other relevant
- To support implementation of initiatives to address key program, donor and national priorities – such as intensive TB screening and case finding among PLHIVs and IPT- in line with national
- To provide TA to the DACC, DTLC and HFs in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of TB- HIV services.
- To support RTB-HIV Manager to assess and implement initiatives to address skill and resource needs in TB-HIV services through supportive supervision, mentorship, on-job training, CQI and other approaches in collaboration with R/DTLC.
- To support timely collection and submission of TB-HIV data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E
- To support RTB-HIV Manager in writing technical program documents including reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant
- To support and advise the RTB-HIV Manager on all TB-HIV issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the RTB-HIV
- To perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Nursing or related field with relevant national
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field is an added
- At least two (2) years of experience working in public health programs/
- At least two (2) years of experience in design, implementation, management and M&E of TB-HIV or related clinical and public health programs and
- Experience in using CQI, PHE and OR techniques to address public health challenges
- Experience in writing reports, best practices and lessons
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by Friday 22nd October, 2020, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail email@example.com
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.