Field Exploration Geologist
Barrick Gold Corporation seeks to employ a Field Exploration Geologist to work with the Exploration Department across our operations in Tanzania. This role reports to the Exploration Manager. The role holder will be accountable to execute the exploration programs, provide leadership, strategy and systems that deliver optimal evaluation and development of potential resources in our existing mines (North Mara, Buly, and Buzwagi) and regional targets. Manage the addition of more ounces of gold to inventory and Mineral Resource through discovery of additional resources around mines and via Brownfield programs utilizing efficient and effective budgets. Ensure on time delivery of geological inputs into Mine Planning and Operations functions. Assist as required in programs to develop geological skills for future operations.
This is a permanent role, with the work roster being six (6) weeks on and three (3) weeks off.
- Ensure Exploration Department members and associated contractors had Zero LTIs. Increased focus on reporting and investigation of high potential incidents.
- To execute the exploration programs, including but not limited to mapping, soil sampling, drill rig supervision, core logging, manage field logistics, collect geological data, and evaluate results on a daily basis in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Be proactive in approaching and building teamwork with Department Team Members
- Provide a high level of mentoring to the team members and ensure are being developed to their best for future roles
- High degree of interaction with other leaders (removing silos between teams)
- Participate in program planning to ensure that programs are designed considering alternative options, costs, target rankings (and are in line with Life of Mine strategy)
- Participate in review of Brownfields targets and rankings, and development of staged evaluation programs
- Develop detailed documentation to justify proposed exploration programs in order to support Capital applications and Budgets
- Participate in reducing overall exploration costs through effective management, option analysis, minimizing delay times, control of consumables etc.
- Participate in replacing the ounces mined annually; near mine resource drilling program completed on time and successful. Ensure optimal drilling schedule is adhered to and deliver priority targets in timely manner
- Technical Reports completed on schedule
- Help in technical development of geoscientists; identify high performers and align for advancement
- Ensure data capture is subjected to rigorous quality control
- Ensure lithological and structure wireframes / models are continually updated with new data.
- Develop and manage initiatives to deliver cost improvements in areas of responsibility;
- Ensure working in corruption free environment
- Zero Reputational damaging incidents;
- ZERO environmental issues and full compliance with regulatory requirements
- Immediate stoppage of unsafe behaviors. Proactive in sending safety messages, safety alerts, interactions with teams and participating in safety meetings. FLRA conducted at all work places without fail.
- Brownfields opportunities are reviewed / updated, ranked and staged programs defined, scheduled and cost accounted. Justification presented to Exploration Manager for consideration. Drilling programs progressing as planned in a safe manner with holes drilled and logged at planned cost. Progress and results are communicated to management in timely fashion.
Bachelor of Science in Geology
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in geology (preferably geology exploration)
- Experience in managing exploration data/drilling programs
- Hands on experience in field work, exploration data and drilling programs.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
- Knowledge in geology software (ArcGIS, datamine, micromine, leapfrog, Surpac, Vulcan software
- Practical hands-on mapping, sampling and logging skills.
- Project management
- Coaching and Mentoring
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 4th November 2020.